COUNTRY : SWISS CONFEDERATION
CAPITAL : BERNE
LANGUAGE : GERMAN, FRENCH, ITALIAN, ROMANSH
Patents & Designs in Switzerland are managed by Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property.
International Treaties to which Switzerland is signatory for Industrial Design.
- Paris Convention for the protection of industrial property.
- Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights –TRIPS.
- Hague Convention for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- Locarno Agreement for the classification of Industrial Designs.
PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS IN SWETZERLAND:
- NATIONAL REGISTRATION
Direct Filing with National Patent & Trademark office
- INTERNATIONAL DESIGNS PROTECTION UNDER HAGUE SYSTEM
Kindly refer Treaties for International Designs Registration under Hague System.
Please refer our Treaties section on International Protection for Industrial Designs under Hague Convention.
Therefore, to obtain Registration of Industrial Designs in Switzerland there are two options from which the applicant can choose.