COUNTRY : ROMANIA
CAPITAL : BUCHAREST
LANGUAGE : ROMANIAN
Patents & Designs in Romania is managed by State Office for Inventions and Trademarks (OSIM)
International Treaties to which Romania is signatory for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- Paris Convention for the protection of industrial property.
- Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights –TRIPS.
- Hague Convention for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- European Union Community Designs (RCD & UCD)
- Locarno Agreement for the classification of Industrial Designs.
PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS IN ROMANIA:
- NATIONAL REGISTRATION
Direct Filing with National Patent & Trademark office
- EUROPEAN UNION COMMUNITY DESIGNS
Kindly refer Treaties for the Community Designs Registration.
- INTERNATIONAL DESIGNS PROTECTION UNDER HAGUE SYSTEM
Kindly refer Treaties for International Designs Registration under Hague System.
Please refer our Treaties section on International Protection for Industrial Designs under Hague Convention.
Therefore, to obtain Registration of Industrial Designs in Romania, there are three options from which the applicant can choose.