COUNTRY : KINGDOM OF BELGIUM
CAPITAL : BRUSSELS
LANGUAGE : DUTCH, FRENCH & GERMAN
Industrial Designs are managed by Benelux Office for Intellectual Property in Belgium.
International Treaties to which Belgium is signatory for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- Paris Convention for the protection of industrial property.
- Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights –TRIPS.
- Hague Convention for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- European Union Community Designs (RCD & UCD)
- Benelux Treaty for the protection of industrial Designs.
- Locarno Agreement for the classification of Industrial Designs.
PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS IN BELGIUM:
- BENELUX DESIGN PROTECTION
Direct Filing with Benelux Office for protection in Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium
- EUROPEAN UNION COMMUNITY DESIGNS
Kindly refer Treaties for the Community Design Registration.
- INTERNATIONAL DESIGNS PROTECTION UNDER HAGUE SYSTEM
Kindly refer Treaties for International Design Registration under Hague System.
Please refer our Treaties section on International Protection for Industrial Designs under Hague Convention.
Therefore, to obtain Registration of Industrial Designs in Belgium, there are three options from which the applicant can choose.