COUNTRY : KINGDOM OF SPAIN
CAPITAL : MADRID
LANGUAGE : SPANISH
Patents & Design in Spain is managed Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (OEPM)
International Treaties to which Spain is signatory for Industrial Design.
- Paris Convention for the protection of industrial property.
- Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights –TRIPS.
- Hague Convention for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- European Union Community Designs (RCD & UCD)
- Locarno Agreement for the classification of Industrial Designs.
PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGN IN SPAIN:
- NATIONAL REGISTRATION
Direct Filing with National Patent & Trademark office
- EUROPEAN UNION COMMUNITY DESIGN
Kindly refer Treaties for the Community Design Registration.
- INTERNATIONAL DESIGN PROTECTION UNDER HAGUE SYSTEM
Kindly refer Treaties for International Design Registration under Hague System.
Please refer our Treaties section on International Protection for Industrial Designs under Hague Convention.
Therefore, to obtain protection in Spain, there are three options from which the applicant can choose.