COUNTRY : REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE
CAPITAL : SINGAPORE
LANGUAGES : ENGLISH, MALYA, CHINESE
Singapore Patent Design & Trademarks office is managed by The Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS).
International Treaties to which Singapore is signatory for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- Paris Convention for the protection of industrial property.
- Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights –TRIPS.
- Hague Convention for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- Locarno Agreement for the classification of Industrial Designs.
PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGN IN SINGAPORE:
- NATIONAL REGISTRATIONS : Only for the territory of Singapore.
- INTERNATIONAL REGISTRATIONS : Through Hague System Protocol.
Please refer our Treaties section on International Protection for Industrial Designs under Hague Convention.
Therefore, to obtain protection in Singapore, there are two options from which the applicant can choose.