COUNTRY : ITALIAN REPUBLIC
CAPITAL : ROME
LANGUAGE : ITALIAN
Patents & Design are managed in Italy by Italian Patent and Trademark Office
International Treaties to which Italy is signatory for Industrial Design.
- Paris Convention for the protection of industrial property.
- Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights –TRIPS.
- Hague Convention for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- European Union Community Designs (RCD & UCD)
- Locarno Agreement for the classification of Industrial Designs.
PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGN IN ITALY:
- NATIONAL REGISTRATION
Direct Filing with National Patent & Trademark office
- EUROPEAN UNION COMMUNITY DESIGN
Kindly refer Treaties for the Community Design Registration.
- INTERNATIONAL DESIGN PROTECTION UNDER HAGUE SYSTEM
Kindly refer Treaties for International Design Registration under Hague System.
Please refer our Treaties section on International Protection for Industrial Designs under Hague Convention.
Therefore, to obtain protection in Italy, there are three options from which the applicant can choose.