COUNTRY : REPUBLIC OF KOREA
CAPITAL : SEOUL
LANGUAGE : KOREAN & ENGLISH
The IP office of South Korea is known as the Korea Intellectual Propert Rights Information Service KIPRIS.
International Treaties to which Korea is signatory for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- Paris Convention for the protection of industrial property.
- Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights –TRIPS.
- Hague Convention for the protection of Industrial Designs.
- Locarno Agreement for the classification of Industrial Designs.
PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGN IN KOREA:
- NATIONAL REGISTRATIONS : Only for the territory of Korea.
- INTERNATIONAL REGISTRATIONS : Through Hague System Protocol.
Please refer our Treaties section on International Protection for Industrial Designs under Hague Convention.
Therefore, to obtain Registration in Korea, there are two options from which the applicant can choose.