COUNTRY : POLAND
1. THROUGH NATIONAL REGISTRATION.
Direct Filing with the National Plant Variety office
2. THROUGH EUROPEAN UNION COMMUNITY PLANT VARIETY OFFICE.
Kindly refer our guide on the European Union Community Plant Variety Protection.
Note be advised that in Poland the new plant varieties might be protected based on UPOV filing. Please notice that such protection last 30 years (with the exception of 35 years for grapevines) and is granted by Polish National agency Research Centre for Cultivar Testing in registration procedure based on the appropriate request filed by or in name of Applicant.
However, since Poland is a member of European Union from 01 May 2004 the registration of plant varieties in Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO) is also valid in Poland. At present based on the regional European registration in CPVO Applicant obtains the protection in 27 member states. Moreover, please be informed that our National agency Research Centre for Cultivar Testing does not accept the requests for registration of plant variety in national register if such plant variety was or in parallel is the subject of the regional European registration.
- Translation (printing, edition included) per 100 words (English/German/French text) - EUR 25.00.
- Preparing and filing application – hourly rate EUR 260/h (min. EUR 800.00).
- Examination fee – EUR 150.00.
- fee for payment of each year of protection – EUR 150.00.
Please be informed you that on the website: http://www.coboru.pl/English/Rejestr_eng/rejestr_stawki_eng.aspx you can find fee rates and time limits for fee remittance.