COUNTRY : REPUBLIC OF AUSTRIA
CAPITAL : VIENNA
LANGUAGE : GERMAN
Plant Varieties protection in Austria is provided by Federal Office for Food Safety, Department of seeds and seedlings, Plant Protection Service and bees.
Protection to Plant Varieties is provided at a two tier level in Austria:
1. THROUGH NATIONAL REGISTRATION.
Direct Filing with the National Patent & Trademark office
2. THROUGH EUROPEAN UNION COMMUNITY PLANT VARIETY OFFICE.
Kindly refer our guide on the European Union Community Plant Variety protection.
Plant Breeders Rights in Austria are protected by: Plant Variety Protection Act
• Filing an application according to the Plant Variety Protection Law will cost EURO 955 + disbursement of EURO 70.
• Translation cost shall be separate
• Further information as to costs can be given for each specific case.