COUNTRY : COMMON WEALTH OF AUSTRALIA
CAPITAL : CANBERRA
LANGUAGE : ENGLISH
The IP affairs in Australia are Administered by IPAUSTRALIA.
• Paris Convention for the protection of industrial property
• Patent Co-operation Treaty – PCT.
• Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights –TRIPS.
• Budapest Treaty On The International Recognition of the Deposit of Micro Organisms For The Purposes of Patent Procedure.
IP LAW IN AUSTRALIA
Inventions pertaining to the following:
• Discoveries, Scientific Theories & Mathematical methods.
• Aesthetic creations.
• Substances already existing in nature and nuclear materials.
• Schemes, Rules, Methods for performing mental acts, playing games, doing business as well as Presentation of Information.
• Programmes for Computers.
• Inventions contrary to public order & morals.
• Methods of treatment by surgery or therapy on humans and animals.
• Prejudicial to the Interest or Security of the Nation.
(i). Name & Address of the applicant.
(ii). Name & Address of the Inventor.
(iii). Specification comprising a description claims & drawings if any.
(iv). Priority Data if any.
(v). State of incorporation / nationality of the Applicant.
(vi). Abstract of the Invention.
(vii). Indications serving to identify the identity of the inventor(s) as well as the Solicitor.
(viii) Request for examination of the patent.
(ix). If the patent application relates to a micro-organism or a process in which a micro-organism is used, it is necessary to include a certificate of deposit of the micro-organism with an officially recognised national depositary institution designated by the Government.
• Once the application is filed, the application is scrutinised for defence & security aspects.
For quotation: firstname.lastname@example.org